Creamy Calming Greens
I made up this recipe awhile back. I just chucked a bunch of things together one day and this recipe to me is just really delicious. It’s rlly simple to make, is not difficult at all but theres something about the combination of ingredients that just really works!! I wanted to share it with everyone in case anyone wants to try because I think it is so yummy, soothing and nice. I call it Creamy Calming Greens and it is really comforting meal so its nice for a meal if you are very stressed!! I serve it in a bowl and eat with a spoon to get the liquid and the solid at the same time, it is sort of like a creamy soup.
-Mixture of green coloured vegetables chopped up, can vary slightly depending on what is available but generally is same sort of mixture for me. You can change it up with what green veggies u like. Last night I used:
1 broccoli, 1 leek, 1 big sweetheart cabbage, 1 green pepper, 1 courgette diced into small pieces.
- Frozen green peas
- Cans of coconut milk
- Splash of soya milk
- Rice noodles (any u like just have to cook separately and add to the rest of the mix afterwards)
- Sprinkle of salt (optional, is rlly nice without tbh but sometimes i think is nice with a little of it too after is cooked.)
- Chop up all the green veggies and add all together to a large pot. Add enough coconut milk so that it reaches the top of the pile. I usually have *almost* enough to reach the top layer of veg and then I add a bit of soya milk and this works really well. If you dont have enough coconut milk just add some soy milk. Dont add water to the pot because it will dilute your creamy soup. Additional soy milk helps keep up the creamy consistency and flavour without diluting. 🙂
- Turn up heat and bring to the boil til bubbling then turn down to simmer, the veggies in coconut milk should take 10 mins. Frozen green peas take about 4 mins boiled so add these in 6 mins into the simmering of the veggies.
- In a separate pot or bowl depending what kind of rice noodles you use, cook rice noodles according to time it says on packet. Add to the coconut greens mix pot after they are cooked.
- serve yourself some creamy calming greens into a bowl and eat with spoon. 🙂 easy. 🙂
-Rachel. 🙂 ❤